It's been a while since I last posted, but here's a small update on my Overnight Sensations project. After a while of looking at these guys sitting on my desk, I decided that the finish was beginning to look pretty flat, and once the Danish oil had completely cured, the wood ended up with an almost sickly dry look to it. I had great success with the Wipe-on-Poly I used with my MFW-15 subs, so I got some more to bring some new life to my bookshelf speakers. I opted for the satin finish since I didn't want the speakers to jump out too much, and it ended up being the right way to go. There's just enough sheen to add depth and give the wood that "wet" look, but without blinding you. I'm very happy with the result.
You can see some of the original finish in my build log here: Overnight Sensations Build Log.