Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sub Project: Planning

After screwing up the plywood, I'm determined not to make any more major mistakes with this project. To do that, I'm taking some time to more thoroughly plan out each step, starting with the new cabinet design. I've changed the plan so that the double baffle is now entirely inside the opening from the sides and top and bottom. Overall, however, the enclosure is about the same as it would have been. I drew a quick sketch with the dimensions to help myself out when I made the cut list.

Next I plugged in the sizes of the pieces that I have, and the pieces that I want cut into a program called Cutlist (aptly named), which goes through the possible solutions to find the one that reduces waste.

Next on the agenda is to find a way to make straight cuts without a straight edge on the pieces that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment