Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sub Project: Sometimes you just need a little help from Dad

I made it home today, and with help from my Dad I managed to get all the cutting done for the subwoofers. I bit the bullet and bought a nice cutting guide that proved to be invaluable. Because of it, the cutting ended up going very well, and I even managed to salvage my original design. Funnily enough, there was an entire sheet left over. I'll have to think of something to do with it.

After all the cutting was done, there was quite a mess of sawdust. Below, you can see that everything turned out pretty well. There was just enough wood in the five sheets I used to get all the panels I needed.

Next, I made my way over to the hardware store and started stocking up for the tasks to come. Left on the agenda is routing the cutouts for the drivers, and gluing everything together.

The back of my car looks like a roving hardware store, and there are still a couple more things I need to pick up to be totally ready to finish this project up. It won't be too much longer, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment